Source: Vatican News Service
The Congregation for the Causes of Saints has made public the following decrees which Pope Francis authorised in a meeting with Cardinal Angel Amato, Prefect of the Congregation.
- A miracle attributed to the intercession of Blessed Paul VI (Giovanni Battista Montini), Supreme Pontiff, born on 26 September 1897 and died in Castel Gandolfo, Italy on 6 August 1978.
- A miracle attributed to the intercession of Blessed Oscar Arnulfo Romero y Galdamez, Archbishop of San Salvador (El Salvador) on 15 August 1917 and murdered in San Salvador on 24 March 1980.
They also recognised the following:
- A miracle attributed to the intercession of Blessed Francesco Spinelli, Diocesan priest, founder of the Institute of the Sister Adorers of the Blessed Sacrament, born in Milan, Italy, on 14 April 1853 and died at Rivolta d'Adda on 6 February 1913.
- A miracle attributed to the intercession of Blessed Vincezo Romani, Diocesan priest, born at Torre del Greco, Italy, on 3 June 1751 and died there on 20 December 1831.
- A miracle attributed to the intercession of Blessed Maria Catherine Kaspar, Foundress of the Institute of the Poor Handmaids of Jesus Christ, born on 26 May 1820 in Dernbach, Germany and died there on 2 February 1898.
- A miracle attributed to the intercession of the Venerable Servant of God, Maria Felicia Jesus in the Blessed Sacrament (secular name Maria Guggiarria Echeverria) Professed Sister of the Order of Discalced Carmelites: born in Villarica, Paraguay on 12 January 1925, and died in Asuncion, Paraguay on 28 April 1959.
- The Martyrdom of the Servant of God Anna Kolesarova, Laywoman, born in Visoka nad Uhom, Solvakia, on 14 July 1929 and killed in hatred of the Faith on 22 November 1944.
- The herioc virtues of the Servant of God Bernard Lubienski, professed priest of the Congregation of the Holy Redeemer, born in Guzow, Poland on 9 December 1846 and died in Warsaw on 10 September 1933.
- The herioc virtues of the Servant of God Cecilio Maria Cortinovis, secular name Antonio Pietro, Professed religious of the Order of friars Minor, Capuchin, born in Nespello, Italy on 7 November 1885 and died in Bergamo on 10 April 1984.
- The herioc virtues of the Servant of God Giustina Schiapparoli , Foundress of the Congregation of Beneditcine Sisters of Divine Providence of Voghera, born in Castel San Giovanni, Italy on 19 July 1819 and died in Voghera on 13 November 1877.
- The herioc virtues of the Servant of God Maria Antonelli Bordoni, Laywoman of the Third Order of St Dominic, Foundress of the Lay Fraternity of the Little Daughters of the Mother of God, born on 13 October 1916 in Arezzo, Italy and died in Castel Gandolfo on 16 January 1978.
- The heroic virtues of the Servant of God Allessadra Sabattini, Layman, born on 19 August 1961 in Riccione, Italy and died in Bologna on 2 May 1984.
Read more about Blessed Oscar Romero here: www.romerotrust.org.uk