These policies disclose the privacy and cookie practices for www.indcatholicnews.com. These policies apply solely to information collected by this website.
You can contact our designated Data Protection Officer by email at [email protected], or by mail at: 147A Leighton Road, Kentish Town, London, NW5 2RB, England.
Changes to these policies
We collect the following personal data when you visit our website:
- To help prevent criminal or malicious activity, the server our website is hosted on automatically logs certain data when you visit our website such as your IP address, browser, the url you came from, your current url, and the time you visited our website.
- Email addresses (if you opt-in to our mailing list)
The following information may be collected by third parties, but is not stored by us:
- Payment information
- Website usage statistics
- This website contains links to other websites. Please be aware that when interacting with content such as this, you are providing your personal data to these third parties (and they will have their own privacy policies which we're not responsible for; we encourage you to read their policies).
How we use your personal data
Any personal data we collect is used to:
- Provide you access to our website.
- Analyse & customise your usage of our website (e.g. if your IP indicates you're in a certain country we might show you different content).
- Send you marketing emails. We will only send marketing emails if you opt-in to them, and all marketing emails we send have an 'unsubscribe' button at the bottom. You can click this at any time to stop receiving marketing emails. Alternatively, you can email our designated Data Protection Officer at any time asking to be unsubscribed.
- Occasionally we may use email addresses or other contact information to contact individuals for their input on our services, or to communicate information (e.g. if they have a problem).
- Help protect us against criminal or malicious activity such as fraud.
We take measures to maintain the security of your personal data.
The third parties we disclose your data to:
- We may share your data with our staff to improve site functionality or provide support.
- We may provide anonymised data to the general public (e.g. specifying how many users we have on our website). This would not be personally identifiable.
- Any data we collect will be disclosed when legally required to do so.
The third party services we disclose your data to:
- Our website, and any personal data collected on the website, is hosted in the UK on third party servers.
- We use CloudFlare to improve our website performance, security and reliability.
- GoSquared provides us with an insight into our visitors and an opportunity to improve our services
- We use Mailgun and MailChimp for email.
Requesting, correcting & updating data
Upon request, we will provide you with all personal data we have about you, or correct/update any data we have about you. To request this please contact our designated Data Protection Officer. We will respond to your request within a reasonable time frame, and may request further information to prove your identity.
Data Deletion and Retention
We retain data as long as is needed to provide you services, or to comply with legal obligations.
Upon request, unless we're required to keep it under legal obligations, we will delete all personal data we have about you within a reasonable time frame. Please email our designated Data Protection Officer if you want your personal data deleted.
Data that is logged automatically by the server our website is hosted on is used to help prevent criminal or malicious activity, so we may not be able to delete this data immediately on request. We delete these log files periodically when the data is no longer needed.
What are cookies?
Cookies are small text files stored on your computer. There are two types: first party (cookies created by this website) and third party (cookies not created by us).
We use third party cookies on this website.
If you'd like to disable cookies, please visit the help pages of your web browser (many internet browsers enable cookies by default, but allow you to disable either all cookies or only third party cookies). Disabling third party cookies may cause parts of our website to behave strangely. You can delete cookies at any time.
Third party cookies used on our website:
- GoSquared, which provides us with an insight into our visitors and an opportunity to improve our services. We do not share this information, we use it to monitor data such as which website pages are most popular, and how visitors found our website.
- We use CloudFlare to improve our website performance, security and reliability. CloudFlare cookies are essential, so can't be disabled.