This page was last modified on 23rd December, 2018.
From time to time we may use customer information for new unanticipated uses not previously disclosed in our policies. If our information practices change at some time in the future we will post the updated policies on this page, and update the date 'last modified' in the header of this page. If you are concerned about how your information is used, you should check these policies periodically.
If you feel that our website is not following these stated policies, you may contact us at [email protected]
Our goal is to make our policies easy to understand. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact our Data Protection Officer Jo via email at [email protected], or by mail at 149/151 Sparrows Herne, Bushey Heath, Herts, WD23 1AQ, England.
What Information Do We Collect?
Our primary purpose in collecting personal information is to understand, protect and serve our users, and so we only collect personal information about you that we consider necessary for achieving this purpose.
We collect the following personal information about visitors (a visitor is any user accessing our website without a registered account):
- IP addresses used when accessing our website
- Email addresses (if you opt-in to our mailing list)
- The url a visitor came from, their current url & the next url they load.
The following information may be collected by third parties, but is not stored by us:
- Payment information
- Website usage statistics
- Some of our pages use framing techniques to serve content from our partners while preserving the look and feel of our site, for example our mail list. Please be aware that when interacting with content such as this you are providing your personal information to these third parties and not to us.
How do we use your information?
Any personal information we collect is used to:
- Provide you access to our website.
- Analyse & customise your usage of our website (e.g. if your IP indicates you're in a certain country we might show you different content).
- Send you marketing emails. We will only send marketing emails if you opt-in to them, and all marketing emails we send have an 'unsubscribe' button at the bottom. You can click this at any time to stop receiving marketing emails. Alternatively, you can email us at [email protected] at any time asking to be unsubscribed.
- Occasionally we may use email addresses or other contact information to contact individuals for their input on our services, or to communicate information (e.g. if they have a problem).
- Protect us against criminal or malicious activity such as fraud.
How do we protect your information?
We implement various measures to maintain the security of your personal information. These include a firewall on all web servers, automatic security updates on all web servers & usage of the Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) protocol.
If you think you've found a vulnerability on our website, get in touch! We're happy to reward you for helping us keep our services safe & secure. If after investigation we find you've abused a vulnerability prior to disclosure, we'll take appropriate legal action & give no reward. Please disclose issues responsibly by contacting us via email at [email protected], and provide us adequate time to fix the issue.
Who do we share your information with?
The third parties we disclose your information to:
- We may share your information with our staff to improve site functionality or provide support. We may also provide anonymised data to the general public (e.g. specifying how many users we have on our website, and this would not be personally identifiable).
- Our website and services, including your personal data, are hosted on third party servers. The operators of these servers may have access to your personal information, although sensitive data such as passwords are encrypted.
- We may share your information with trusted third parties for services such as email (SendGrid & MailChimp), performance/security (CloudFlare) & analytics/social sharing (Google Analytics & AddThis).
- Any information we collect will be disclosed when legally required to do so.
- If our website is ever acquired, we will share all stored personal information with the new owner.
Requesting, correcting & updating data
Upon request, we will provide you with all personal information we have about you, or correct/update any data we have about you. To request this send us an email at [email protected] We will respond to your request within a reasonable time frame, and may request further information to prove your identity.
Upon request, we will delete all personal information we have about you within a reasonable time frame. To request this send us an email at [email protected] Be aware of scenarios affecting data deletion:
- Certain personal information such as your IP address may be stored in log files. We may not be able to delete this data immediately as these logs are used to prevent criminal or malicious activity. We don't store log files indefinitely, only until they're no longer needed.
We retain your information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you services or to comply with legal obligations (under legal obligations we may need to retain data past the point when you request an account deletion).
We use a number of cookies (small pieces of text stored on your computer). We use two types of cookie; first party (cookies that we create ourselves) and third party (cookies are those placed by websites, services, and/or parties other than us).
You can choose to disable cookies in your internet browser if you wish (many internet browsers enable cookies by default, but allow you to disable either all cookies or only third party cookies; for further details, please consult the help menu in your internet browser or the documentation that came with your device). Disabling first party cookies will prevent you using our login system. Disabling third party cookies may cause parts of our website to behave strangely (although most pages should still be usable). You can choose to delete cookies at any time, however you may lose any information that enables you to access our website more quickly and efficiently including, but not limited to, login and personalisation settings.
It is recommended that you keep your internet browser and operating system up-to-date and that you consult the help and guidance provided by the developer of your internet browser and manufacturer of your computer or device if you are unsure about adjusting your privacy settings.
Third party cookies used on our website:
- Google Analytics & AddThis, which provide us with an insight into our visitors and an opportunity to improve our services. We do not share this information, we use it to monitor data such as which website pages are most popular, and how visitors found our website.
- AddThis, which we use to make sharing and interacting with our content easier.
- FullStory, which we use to improve your experience on our website.