Do you have a passion for giving the right care to our elders? With some of our team recently retiring we are recruiting staff nurses and carers now.
RECRUITMENT Open Day, 23rd February 2019
St Vincent's Nursing Home, Wiltshire Lane,
Eastcote, Pinner, HA5 2NB
Telephone: 020 8872 4900
Facsimile: 020 8868 5347
Email: [email protected]
How to find us
Nearest Tube: Northwood Hills (0.6 miles)
Nearest railway station: West Ruislip (1.9 miles)
Nearest motorway junct: M40 Junction 1 (4.1 miles)
Bus: H13 Northwood Hills St V Park
The services available at St Vincent's Nursing Home help residents live as actively and as long as possible. This also supports the whole person, offering practical, emotional and spiritual well-being.
We aim to work using a multi-disciplinary team approach offering a person centered plan of care to each individual, to meet each person's health and social care needs.
At St Vincent's Nursing Home, there are four nurse-led wings . Each wing is led by a Wing leader, supported by a team of registered nurses, health care support workers and health care assistants.
- Rotas 6/52 in advance
- Subsidised meals
- Free uniform
- Christmas bonuses
- 25 days annual leave / 8 Bank holidays (pro rata)
- Pension Scheme
- Calm and happy atmosphere
- Training opportunities
- Annual appraisals
Staff Nurses and Health Care Assistants (Full-time, Part-time or Bank)
You will be joining an enthusiastic and motivated team who are professional, supportive and approachable. We are a person centred, purpose designed nursing home where the wellbeing, of the residents are the forefront of our care.
The post holder will work as part of team involving direct patient centred personal care.
St Vincent's Nursing Home, a registered charity, is a 60-bed facility, caring for elderly people and offering nursing, residential, dementia and end-of-life care.
The Home also supports provision for the spiritual needs of residents and has its own Chapel where Mass is celebrated daily. Some residents are from religious orders and some are of other religions or of none.
RGN Level 1 with current NMC registration and HCAs NVQ or non NVQ.
Purpose of Post
The post holder will be responsible for the clinical management of residents leading a team in St Vincent's Nursing Home, assessing care needs, planning, implementing and evaluating programmes of care. The post holder will be expected to carry out all relevant forms of care and will be designated regularly to take charge of the 'wing' in the absence of the Clinical Team Leader.
- Be accountable as the named nurse for a number of residents in the team.
- Working proactively with the multi-disciplinary team ensuring essential communication is maintained.
- Assist the CTL, ensuring the appropriate skill mix of nursing staff is available from the establishment to ensure a safe delivery of nursing care.
- Ensure that all care delivered is evidenced based and within current accepted practice to meet resident needs in a holistic approach and is of a high standard.
- Assist the CTL in controlling resources on the 'wing' effectively and efficiently and whilst demonstrating value for money, but not compromising nursing care.
- Practice in accordance with the NMC Code of Conduct (2015) in relation to professional nursing practice
Key Result Areas
Management & Leadership:
- Ensure that each resident is treated as an individual Maintain all necessary documentation with regard for Confidentiality and the new Data Protection Act.
- Ensure accurate and effective record keeping and report writing is of the highest standards.
- Work effectively with members of the multi-disciplinary team involved with resident care.
- Demonstrate clinical involvement in the delivery of nursing care.
- Deputise for the Wing Leader when required.
- Act as a champion of the older person/ resident and act as an advocate for their needs.
- Be responsible and accountable for the delivery of nursing care within your team
- Deliver competent, effective clinical care, working in partnership with residents, relatives and significant others.
- Initiate, participate, and or delegate effective assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation to ensure safe and accurate nursing care.
- Develop a holistic approach to care which will include key nursing principles such as Infection Control, Tissue Viability, Clinical risk and drug administration.
- Initiate and participate in the setting, implementation of standards of care, which can be demonstrated as current and evidenced, based.
- Ensure that all the relevant St Vincent's policies and procedures are being complied with Education and Training
- Participate an in Individual Performance Reviews to develop self and staff in line with St Vincent's policy
'I find the services of the home excellent. The standard of staff is 5-star. Every effort is made to help and encourage residents to partake in meetings, where further suggestions are welcomed and acted on, when helpful to the good running of the establishment.'
'The Home is truly in the premier division and the gardens are beautiful and the interior is always clean and inviting.'
'The reception staff are always very friendly and helpful.'
'We have a beautiful garden and one can have an enjoyable walk around the grounds and also enjoy sitting out on fine days.'
Disclosure and Barring Service Check
Vacancies within the Home are subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and as such it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service (formerly known as CRB) to check for any previous criminal convictions.
In submitting a CV or application form, you consent to the processing of your personal data for the purposes of recruiting for this position.
We Need Your Support
ICN aims to provide speedy and accurate news coverage of all subjects of interest to Catholics and the wider Christian community. As our audience increases - so do our costs. We need your help to continue this work.
Please support our journalism by donating today.Donate