Independent Catholic News logo Welcome Visitor
Sunday, December 4, 2016
Zimbabwe: ten more hunger deaths in Bulawayo
Comment Email Print
 Archbishop Pius Ncube, the head of Roman Catholic Archdiocese of Bulawayo, has expressed his concern at the news that ten more people died of hunger in Bulawayo last month. Official council records from what is Zimbabwe's second largest city reveal that the victims were nine children under the age of four and a 70-year-old man. These statistics bring the malnutrition death toll recorded in the city to more than 180 over the past year. A local government said that Bulawayo city council is feeding over 13,000 children at council clinics and the number of these desperate children was increasing each day. Archbishop Ncube said: "It is a shame that the latest 10 deaths have come at a time when the governing Zanu PF party is spending billions of dollars feasting at its congress."
Share:  Bookmark and Share
Tags: None


Powered by Bondware
News Publishing Software

The browser you are using is outdated!

You may not be getting all you can out of your browsing experience
and may be open to security risks!

Consider upgrading to the latest version of your browser or choose on below: