Many thanks to Ellen Teague for putting together this long list of resources that can be used in parishes, retreats, groups and schools throughout Lent.
* Australian Columban Fr Charles Rue has written a resource for Lent 2019, bringing together his ecological expertise and knowledge of prayer and liturgy to give us a Stations of the Cross that is up-to-date and deeply prayerful. www.columban.org.au/media-and-publications/educational-resources/lenten-resource-laudato-si-stations-of-the-cross
* North West NJPN Resources: This year's Lenten Journey Prayer Leaflet is now available to download at www.justice-and-peace.org.uk/cms/wp-content/uploads/2019/02/A-LENTEN-JOURNEY-2019.pdf
* The Justice and Peace Stations of the Cross are at www.justic-and-peace.org.uk/cms/wp-content/uploads/2019/Justice-and-Peace-Stations-of-the-Cross-2019.pdf
Plus a Stations of the Cross for Young People suitable for Confirmation and Youth Groups at www.justice-and-peace.org.uk/cms/wp-content/uploads/2019/02/Stations-of-the-Cross-for-Young-People-2019.pdf
* CAFOD's Lent Calendar 2019 Click on each day for reflections and prayer https://bit.ly/2DgVZC2 1
* Global Healing film-based programme for parishes and groups It informs and equips for engagement with Pope Francis' challenges in Laudato Si'. Film clips are available as free downloads but DVD copies can be inexpensively purchased if needed. There are also downloadable posters, fliers, and leaders' guides. Suitable as a Lent course. https:// www.ourcommonhome.co.uk/
* Stations of the Forests Columban JPIC An audio-visual lamenting rainforest destruction. Links are revealed with human impoverishment and loss of livelihoods. A Resource Booklet accompanies the DVD, providing agendas for six meetings, a reflection for each of the Stations and material for liturgies. Download from http:// www.columbans.co.uk/resources/ dvd-video/stations-of-therainforests/
* Creation and the Cross: The Mercy of God for a Planet in Peril Elizabeth A. Johnson Elizabeth Johnson asks how we can understand cosmic redemption in a time of advancing ecological devastation. In effect, how can we extend the core Christian belief in salvation to include all created beings? She invites us to consider what cosmic redemption might mean in our own time? ISBN-10: 162698266X
And what about…
* From now on - A Lent course based on 'The Greatest Showman' -
Produced by Redemptorist publications, this new Lent Course for 2019 is based on the hugely popular film The Greatest Showman. The 2018 Golden Globe-nominated movie starring Hugh Jackman, about the founder and stars of the Barnum & Bailey Circus is ideal for Lenten study of Christian themes of hope, redemption and new life. The five-week course offers discussion points, biblical reflections and prayers based on short excerpts from the film. The themes are:(1) `A Million Dreams', exploring what liberation and hope might look like for an `outsider' in the world; (2) `Come Alive', exploring how the family of faith can bring hope and purpose; (3) `Rewrite the stars', asks what forms of resistance can be placed in the way of salvation; (4) `Never Enough', questions the temptations of false fulfilment that can lead us to betrayal; (5) `The Greatest Show', shows how redemption is found when we discover `the circus is our home'. ISBN No:9780232533927
We Need Your Support
ICN aims to provide speedy and accurate news coverage of all subjects of interest to Catholics and the wider Christian community. As our audience increases - so do our costs. We need your help to continue this work.
Please support our journalism by donating today.Donate