By: Ellen Teague
The next ‘Big Workshop’ of the ‘Joy in Enough’ initiative of Green Christian will take place in Sheffield on 18 November 2017. A few places are still available.
Joy in Enough is a challenge to Christians in Britain, and an invitation to all people of good will, to join in building a just economy within the ecological limits of the Earth. It is led by by Green Christian and supported by many other faith and environmental organisations, including A Rocha and SPEAK.
Together they seek to:
• Reclaim a voice for people and planet in economic discourse – to re-purpose economics to deliver a just and sustainable society.
• Read the signs of the times and make a critical appraisal of the prevailing economic model.
• Reflect on our sources of faith in order to find a true place for the economy in creation, to hear the mission to which the churches are called, and to engage with others who find themselves similarly challenged by their own faith or tradition.
• Form a vision for a genuinely sustainable economy which promotes ecological, social, psychological and moral flourishing.
• Stoke debate for change in churches, and with citizens, government and business, on specific policy measures to make it a reality.
For more information see: www.greenchristian.org.uk/joy-in-enough/
We Need Your Support
ICN aims to provide speedy and accurate news coverage of all subjects of interest to Catholics and the wider Christian community. As our audience increases - so do our costs. We need your help to continue this work.
Please support our journalism by donating today.Donate