An exciting opportunity to be involved in the mission of Sycamore. The role involves promoting the use of Sycamore nationally and globally; supporting current Sycamore leaders; developing new relationships with dioceses, parishes and chaplaincies; and implementing our strategic development plan. See the full job description below for more information.
Sycamore is a Catholic charity that supports evangelisation, catechesis and faith formation in parishes, schools and chaplaincies in the UK and abroad. It provides video resources, support materials and leadership training; it helps build welcoming communities that are focused on mission; it forms leaders in a culture of welcome and openness, and roots them in a holistic vision of Catholic Christianity. (See the Background Information below.)
This is an exciting opportunity to be involved in the early development of this newly formed Catholic charity. The role offers significant opportunities for individual career development and growth. We are looking for a committed and dynamic self-starter, with a strong entrepreneurial spirit, with the ability to think strategically and have the drive to implement and execute a high growth plan internationally.
Sycamore's mission is to help people discover the Catholic Christian faith, to help people deepen their faith, and to support Catholic communities in their desire to share the faith with others. As Mission Development Manager, you will be responsible for implementing Sycamore's strategic business plan in order to promote the use of Sycamore materials; equip, train and support Catholic leaders using Sycamore; and generate income to realize Sycamore's mission.
The role will need to balance the development of new partnerships with the management of existing accounts, with the aim of extending current engagement, and building a community of Sycamore leaders and ambassadors.
Specifically, you will meet key performance indicators as agreed with the trustees. Your responsibilities include:
New Business Development - Identify and develop a comprehensive target list to promote the use of Sycamore by dioceses and parishes both nationally and internationally. Promote the strategic vision, mission and values of Sycamore with key stakeholders and benefactors. Work closely with Trustees to develop a short, mid and long term business development strategy.
Current Customer Accounts Management - Support current Sycamore users; relationship building with communities currently using Sycamore. Develop systems for collecting and analysing current user data and feedback. Develop, maintain and build strong user support networks to enhance customer lifetime value. Develop referral programmes and build a network of users who can become strong brand ambassadors.
Sales & Marketing - Develop, manage and report on marketing campaigns and events, both digital and non-digital. Provide input and develop relevant content for marketing promotion materials aimed at different target audiences and users. Coordinate with our Social Media Manager about campaigns, messaging and content. Ensure appropriate use and promotion of Sycamore brand and brand initiatives.
Strategic Alliances & Partnership - Work alongside Trustees to proactively look for opportunities where Sycamore can gain value, income, influence, savings, etc., by working with external partners to deliver Sycamore's strategic vision. Identify and develop digital and non-digital strategic contacts with key influencers and potential partners to promote Sycamore. You will be a key advocate for Sycamore in the Catholic community and in public square.
Customer Support- Support and advise current users and local leadership teams. Assist with remote induction, training and mentoring of new leaders. Proactively respond to user enquiries and provide support for new and current leaders. Assist in implementing and maintaining current contacts database.
Reporting and Monitoring - Work with Trustees to provide regular and timely updates for the Board of Trustees and other stakeholders, to ensure plans are on track and delivered. To provide operational data to help the Trustees enhance the organizational development, business processes and strategy. Administer and organise own work to ensure that it is accurate and meets quality targets, reasonable deadlines and reporting requirements.
General - Work in a manner that facilitates inclusion and within the policy frameworks of Sycamore and statutory/charity frameworks. Adopt an anti-discriminatory approach in all aspects of the role.
Meetings - Attend weekly operational team meetings (via remote if necessary); attend regular Trustee meetings, every two months (via remote if necessary).
The above is not an exhaustive job description and serves only to highlight the main requirements of the role. The candidate will undertake any other tasks that the trustees deem necessary. The job description will be reviewed regularly and may be subject to change. This appointment is subject to satisfactory references.
We are looking for people with not only the right skills, but those who demonstrate our values in how they approach their work and colleagues. The preferred candidate will have the following experience, abilities and aptitudes:
Catholic Christian commitment and person specification:
- A committed and practicing Roman Catholic with a heart for evangelization
- An understanding of and empathy for the mission of Sycamore
- Trustworthy and with high personal integrity
- Excellent communicator, with strong interpersonal and organisational skills
- Resourceful and self-motivated
Qualifications and experience (essential)
- At least 3 years of experience in business and sales development and account management, or similar experience
- Proven track record in developing new partnerships, relationship management and project management experience
- Excellent and confident communicator with a track record of interacting and influencing people at all levels.
- Strong interpersonal skills. Highly developed influencing, persuading and negotiating skills
- Highly organised and able to multi-task and prioritise workload within tight deadlines
- Results oriented with a positive outlook, high level of energy, enthusiasm and dedication
- Resourceful, with a keen eye for detail and accuracy, solution focused, with good problem-solving skills and ability to think on your feet
- Tenacious attitude and self-motivated approach to work - able to take ownership and accountability for your areas of responsibility and comfortable taking the initiative with ability to work independently
Qualifications and experience (desirable)
- Graduate qualification in a relevant discipline, and/or equivalent, and demonstrable experience
- Proven ability to manage efficiently within a commercial business or third sector environment, including client management and external partner relationships
- Ability to develop new ideas and approaches to engage varied audience in multiple marketing channels
- Good IT and social media literacy and highly proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint
- Experience with some Customer Relationship Management software
- An open-minded approach to the role with a flexible, can-do attitude
Reporting to: The Chair of Trustees.
Hours of work: 35 hours per week, Monday to Friday
Start Date: 1 October 2020 or as soon as possible.
Contract: Full Time, Fixed Term contract - renewable subject to funding.
Remuneration: £28,000 to £30,000 (negotiable, depending on experience)
Base Location: Remote working, based in the UK, with the possibility of periodic meetings in London if distance allows. A laptop and mobile phone will be provided.
Annual leave: 25 days
To apply for the post, please use this online contact form to request full details about the application process:
YOU WILL BE ASKED TO PROVIDE
- A covering letter demonstrating your suitability and motivation for this role
- Your current CV
- Name, position and contact details (including email) of two referees: one for an employer reference, another for a character reference
- Confirmation of your right to work in the UK
TIMELINE CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS - 22 August 2020
Notification for those who are shortlisted - 1 Sept 2020
Interviews - Tues 8 or Wed 9 Sept (preferably in person in central London, or remote if necessary)
Start date - 1 Oct 2020 or as soon as you are available
Sycamore is a UK Charity (Sycamore Roman Catholic Charity, CIO 1182843). It is funded by grants and donations. Our funds are used to develop resources and training for evangelisation and catechesis in accordance with our charitable goal which is to advance the Christian faith as taught by the Roman Catholic Church.
Sycamore, Newman House, 111 Gower Street, London WC1E 6AR.
For an online version of this document visit: www.sycamore.fm/sycamore-vacancy-mission-development-manager/
We Need Your Support
ICN aims to provide speedy and accurate news coverage of all subjects of interest to Catholics and the wider Christian community. As our audience increases - so do our costs. We need your help to continue this work.
Please support our journalism by donating today.Donate