Pope Francis encourages us to pray the Rosary for the Church every day this month.
The Holy Father says: "The Devil is a seducer. This is why, without our knowing it, we let him enter into our lives. This also applies to the life of the Church. This is why the Pope is asking us this month of October to pray the Rosary of the Virgin Mary and the prayer to St Michael the Archangel, to fight against the power of evil and to protect the Church. Will we all join in with this request?
"The Devil presents himself with great power. He brings you gifts. But you don't know what's inside.
I renew the invitation to everyone to pray the Rosary every day in October, ending with the antiphon "We fly to thy patronage" and the Prayer to St Michael the Archangel, to repel the attacks of the Devil who wants to divide the Church."
Prayer to St Michael the Archangel
Saint Michael, the Archangel, defend us in battle. Be our protection against the wickedness and snares of the Devil. May God rebuke him, we humbly pray; And do thou, O Prince of the heavenly host, by the power of God cast into hell Satan and all the evil spirits who wander through the world seeking the ruin of souls. Amen
The Prayer 'We Fly to Thy Patronage'
We fly to thy patronage, O holy Mother of God; despise not our petitions in our necessities, but deliver us always from all dangers, O glorious and blessed Virgin.
The Holy Rosary
Joyous Mysteries (Mondays and Saturdays)
1. The Incarnation of the Son of God
2. The Visitation of Our Lady to her cousin Saint Elizabeth
3. The Birth of the Son of God
4. The Presentation of the Lord Jesus in the temple
5. The Child Jesus is lost and then found in the temple
Sorrowful Mysteries (Tuesdays and Fridays)
1. The Prayer of Our Lord in the Garden of Gethsemane
2. The Flagellation of the Lord
3. The Crowning with Thorns
4. Jesus carries his Cross up Mount Calvary
5. The Crucifixion and Death of Our Lord
Glorious Mysteries (Wednesdays and Sundays)
1. The Resurrection of the Lord
2. The Ascension of the Lord
3. The Coming of the Holy Spirit
4. The Assumption of Our Lady to Heaven
5. The Coronation of the Most Holy Virgin
Luminous Mysteries (Thursdays)
1. The Baptism in the Jordan
2. The Self-Revelation of Jesus at the Wedding Feast of Cana
3. The announcement of the Kingdom of God inviting to conversion
4. The Transfiguration
5. The Institution of the Eucharist, the sacramental expression of the Pascal Mystery
Watch the video here: swww.youtube.com/watch?v=ecB8ZppHWsw
For the Pope's Worldwide Prayer Network (Apostleship of Prayer): https://popesprayer.net
If you would like to see more videos on the intentions of the Pope you will find them at www.thepopevideo.org
With the collaboration of Vatican Media: www.vaticannews.va/en.html
Design and realization: www.lamachi.com/en
We Need Your Support
ICN aims to provide speedy and accurate news coverage of all subjects of interest to Catholics and the wider Christian community. As our audience increases - so do our costs. We need your help to continue this work.
Please support our journalism by donating today.Donate