The Carmelite Community at Aylesford in Kent, celebrated the transferred Solemnity of the Assumption of Our Lady, with more than 600 pilgrims from the Society of Our Lady of Lourdes on Sunday, 13 August. It was a lovely sunny day.
The original medieval Church that the shrine is built upon was dedicated to the Assumption of the Glorious Virgin, in 1248.
The Mass was celebrated by the new Prior, Fr Francis Kemsley, and assisted by Fr Michael Cox. During the Mass there was the Sacrament of the Sick.
At Aylesford it is the tradition to use blue vestments on major feast days of Our Lady.
Read more about Aylesford Priory here: www.thefriars.org.uk