HMP & YOI Grampian
Roman Catholic Chaplains
£33,106 - £41,682 pro rata
Our goal is to make Scotland safer by protecting the public and reducing reoffending.
We achieve this by ensuring delivery of secure custody; safe and ordered prisons; decent standards of care; and opportunities for those citizens in our care to develop in a way that helps them to successfully integrate with the community on release.
SPS is on a demanding and ground-breaking journey of reform; rethinking the nature, practice and purpose of custody. We are focussed on delivering the skilled, professional and flexible workforce needed for this journey and to help us achieve this, we are looking for experienced Roman Catholic Chaplains to join our Chaplaincy Team based within HMP & YOI Grampian.
You will be responsible for conducting and providing pastoral care and worship within the establishment, including individual and group work concerning prayer, study of holy book and discussion of matters spiritual and ethical.
• Meet with those in our care as soon as practical after their admission and respond to requests for chaplaincy visits.
• Liaise closely with staff and external agencies within the establishment as part of a multi-disciplinary team to promote effective through care.
• Facilitate the practice of all recognised religions and beliefs as required within the establishment.
We are currently recruiting for one Roman Catholic Priest and one Roman Catholic Deacon.
The Successful Candidate will:
• Be an ordained Roman Catholic Priest/Deacon and be in good standing with the Roman Catholic Church.
• Hold a Theological/Pastoral qualification from a recognised Theological College or equivalent.
• Have experience of pastoral work (or equivalent) in the Catholic Church.
• Be able to demonstrate excellent problem solving, communication and relationship management skills.
Some of our benefits include: Civil Service pension, generous annual leave entitlement, free onsite parking and free gym facilities.
For further information on this exciting opportunity, including full job description and person specification, and to apply for this vacancy please visit the Scottish Prison Service website: www.sps.gov.uk.
Please be aware that this is an opportunity to join the Scottish Prison Service only and that any appointment to a relevant parish is at the discretion of the appropriate Bishop. In this case the Bishop of Aberdeen has advised that there are no available parishes or any other positions within the diocese. Further information on parish availability should be sought from the Bishop.
Closing date: 21st September 2017 at 12noon.
SPS will not tolerate any form of discrimination. If you cannot promote and demonstrate dignity, respect and equality, please don’t apply.
The Scottish Prison Service is fully committed to Equal Opportunities and Diversity.