Independent Catholic News logo Welcome Visitor
Wednesday, December 7, 2016
Further attacks on Christians
Comment Email Print
 The tragedy in the Moluccas continues to unfold this weekend as fresh reports are coming in of attacks on Christian villages. On Thursday, missionaries reported that another coastal village had been burnt down by Jihad trained fighters. A priest in Ambon said that flames in the village of Waai could be seen for miles. He complained that the security forces were apparently just standing by and not offering any help to the hundreds of people who had been displaced by the attacks. He said at least four people had been killed and many more injured. The Catholic diocese of Ambon has appealed to local authorities to evacuate the area as quickly as possible.
Share:  Bookmark and Share
Tags: None


Powered by Bondware
News Publishing Software

The browser you are using is outdated!

You may not be getting all you can out of your browsing experience
and may be open to security risks!

Consider upgrading to the latest version of your browser or choose on below: